Famous 5 Minute Guide to Install WordPress on Dreamhost

How to Install WordPress On Dreamhost
When I started my Blogging career, I hosted my WordPress blog on Dreamhost Server. Here I will be sharing a step by step guide for newbie to get start with WordPress on Dreamhost. Before, we move ahead, I will let you know the reason why I opted for Dreamhost:
  • It offers SSD hosting for Shared hosting without any extra cost.
  • It’s a non EIG hosting company.
  • If offers free domain name with hosting.
  • It’s reasonable and you get one free domain with hosting. Total cost: $60
I remember paying $69 for one year hosting + free domain name with 1 year free who.is guard subscription, which was good enough for any newbie to get start at cheap. Dreamhost offers two week free-trial account, so you can grab one account without paying and if you not happy with their service, you can cancel it anytime.
Dreamhost WordPress
I have also added the special Dreamhost promo link below, which will let you get 1 free domains and 1 year unlimited hosting for only $69.
I assume this is enough to get you started and lets get it straight to the topic: WordPress installation on Dreamhost server. Once you signup with dreamhost, your login and FTP server details you will receive on the Email address you specified. Keep them handy which will be useful when you upload files on your server.

How to Install WordPress on Dreamhost Hosting?

Login to your dreamhost webpanel. On the homepage click on One click installs
After that you will be redirected to select between 2 option. Easy install and Advance Install mode. To make your wordpress install automatic, Select Advance mode.  Now you need to select your database name and SQL hostname and create a user.
Keep all these details handy and save them on your local hard-disk.
dreamhost Install WordPress
After some time you will receive an Email on your account stating that Successfully installed wordpress on your account . Just follow the email where you need to create an admin account.
Follow the first link and enter your email address and name of the blog, Though name of the blog can be changed easily. Do cross check your email address twice before you click on Install wordpress.
Next screen will have your wordpress username and password Username = admin and password will be randomly generated.
Copy the password, and login to your wordpress panel
by typing http://www.yourdomainname.com/wp-admin/
Replace Yourdomainname with your domain name. Ex: ShoutMeLoud
Use the login and password given above and don’t forget to change your password by clicking on users at the right sidebar.
That’s it and within 5 minutes your WordPress blog is up and running. Now you need to follow the steps mentioned in below articles to make your blog look better and for complete setup of your blog:

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Awesome detailed article dude. This post is so packed with great stuff, that I had to make a note to come back later.
    Site Ground

    ReplyDelete

Good day precious one, We love you more than anything.