Women to watch in 2015

Some of Britain's leading sportswomen have given us the
lowdown on which female athletes to look out for in 2015.
Annabel Croft:
"My player to watch in 2015 is Belinda Bencic. She has
already been voted WTA newcomer of the year at the end
of last year and reached the quarter-finals of the US Open
at the age of 17, beating two top 10 players in Jelena
Jankovic and Angelique Kerber. She has a similar game to
Martina Hingis, who herself has had some input into
coaching her."
Jessica Ennis-Hill:
"I think Morgan Lake, a British multi-eventer is one to
watch in 2015 – at the age of just 17 she had the most
amazing breakthrough year in 2014 – starting it off with an
U18 world record in the pentathlon and then breaking the
23-year-old UK Junior high jump record with 1.93m.
In the summer she continued to make amazing progress
and at the World Junior Championships, winnning two
gold medals – one in the heptathlon and then the high
Jump.
Her progress has been amazing and she was recently
named the Rising Star Award at the IAAF Athletics Gala.
She has a lot more to achieve – so is definitely one to
watch on the road to Rio."
Dame Laura Davies:
"In Europe: Holly Clyburn as I like her game and her
toughness. On the LPGA: Minjee Lee – a rookie this year at
18 years old, but I've played with her for a few years now
in Australia and I think she's got some real talent."
Casey Stoney:
I would like to say Leah Williamson. She plays for Arsenal
and was a consistent member of the starting 11 last
season at 17 years old. She played every position
throughout the season except in goal. She is a very mature
player with knowledge beyond her years. She is athletic
and one of the most composed young players I have ever
had the pleasure to play with. She will be a key player in
Arsenals midfield next season.
Courtesy: Skysport
Broadcast by Obele Calistus

Post a Comment

0 Comments