Ferrer reaches Qatar final

David Ferrer reached the Qatar Open final after edging out
Ivo Karlovic over three tie-break sets in Doha.
The Spaniard held his nerve in a tense encounter with no
breaks of serve, and finally sealed a 6-7 7-6 7-6 victory
with a backhand pass in the decider.
In the quarter-finals, Karlovic had pulled off an upset win
over top seed Novak Djokovic, but could not subdue the
stubborn Ferrer, despite becoming the first active player to
pass 9,000 aces.
The big-serving Croat delivered 30 aces, but sent a
forehand wide as he attempted to gain a 6-5 lead in the
second set tie-break.
Ferrer seized this reprieve, bringing up two match points
with a dinked pass and then a service return in the final
set.
"It's like a penalty to receive serve against him," said
Ferrer. "His serve is unbelievable, and so I know that one
or two mistakes on my own serve, and I was beaten."I
didn't have any chance in the first set. But the match was
so close and I enjoy these kind of matches. It all
depended on certain points."
Ferrer will face Tomas Berdych in the final after the Czech
cruised to a 6-2 6-3 semi-final win over Italian Andreas
Seppi.
Tennis
Sky Sports Home
Sky Home
Change Version
SMS Alerts
Copyright © BSkyB 2015 | Privacy Notice
Men's results Women's results
More headlines
Courtesy: Skysport
Broadcast by Obele Calistus

Post a Comment

0 Comments