Manchester United sack scout over alleged racial slurs

Manchester United have sacked
European scout Torben Aakjaer
following an investigation into
alleged racial slurs made on
social media.
The 32-year-old was suspended
from duties on Wednesday before having his contract
terminated by chief executive Ed Woodward after receiving
evidence from The Guardian.
Aakjaer's Facebook account contained a number of anti-
immigration messages, including comments on Denmark
closing its borders and the recent Charlie Hebdo attack in
Paris.
"The club received the evidence from the Guardian,
launched an immediate investigation into the matter and
has terminated our association with Mr Aakjaer," an official
club statement read.
"Manchester United is an inclusive organisation and will
not tolerate this sort of behaviour."
Aakjaer, who is understood to be a non-permanent member
of staff at United, admits to certain viewpoints but insists
he is not a racist and denies describing eastern Europeans
as "dirt and s***".
"I do believe we should close the borders, as many Danish
people do, but I would never use this aggressive
language," he told The Guardian.
"I would never write 'dirt and s***'. I've never written
anything racist and it doesn't sound like me. I am not
racist at all and I am shocked. When I hear this it sends a
different message of the person I am."
Courtesy: goal news
Broadcast by Obele Calistus

Post a Comment

0 Comments