Cani surprised by Atletico Madrid switch

Atletico Madrid new boy Cani
has revealed his loan switch
from Villarreal came as a
pleasant surprise.
The 33-year-old midfielder will
spend the rest of the season at
Vicente Calderon after agreeing
a loan move on Wednesday.
Cani's change of club came as something of a shock given
he has started only five Liga matches this season and with
Atletico seven points ahead of his permanent employers in
the table.
And the former Real Zaragoza man has conceded he was as
surprised as anyone when the opportunity to join the
Spanish champions came up.
"When Atleti calls, everything else is left to the side," said
Cani as he was presented by his new club on Friday.
"I was not expecting this great opportunity that I've had.
"I've been with this club for a short time and you can see
its greatness right away. That is why the team is doing so
well.
"I am very moved and happy. When this opportunity came,
for me it was a challenge and I come to help achieve the
objectives."
Cani could make his Atleti debut at Camp Nou on Sunday
when Diego Simeone's men take on Barcelona.
Courtesy: www.goal.com
Broadcast by Obele Calistus

Post a Comment

0 Comments